So, rad caps, are a very important part of, the engine’s cooling system.
But, most of the time, no one pays attention to them, until it’s too late.
Most of today’s cooling systems, also include, a coolant recovery tank, that also has a cap. And, that cap, is equally important. Because, it is critical, that pressure must be maintained, at all times.
Above all, damaged rad caps cannot effectively, seal off the system, nor, keep it properly pressurized.
So, What Are The Basic Functions Of, Rad Caps:
- They keep the cooling system sealed, from outside contaminants.
- By keeping pressure in the cooling system, they raise the boiling point, of the engine coolant.
- Rad caps, allow coolant to flow to the recovery tank, when coolant gets hot, expands, and pressures increase.
- As the system cools down, they allow coolant, to return to the engine, from the coolant recovery tank.
- The above function also help with, stopping extra outside air, from entering the system.
- Extra air in the system, will cause air locks, resulting in overheating.
Consequently, a bad radiator cap, can cause the engine to overheat, at lower temperatures. As a result, this will cause the coolant, to boil over to the recovery tank. Rad caps that are faulty, could also prevent coolant from, returning to the engine. This would create a vacuum and cause, the radiator hoses to collapse.
Choose Your Rad Caps Help Topic Below
Thank You !