The Premier Automotive Engine Troubleshooting Resource Site.
We Share DIY, Automotive Engine Repair Information.
Helping Solve Automotive Engine Problems, For Everyone.
Engine Rebuilding, Basic Engine Machining, Technical Information, Diagnostic Troubleshooting, And Finally, Testing With Possible Solutions.
So, Danny’s Engineportal, strongly suggests, that a visual inspection of the engine, is the first step in proper diagnostics.
Is a wire loose ? Did a vacuum line fall off ? Do not look for a complicated solution, to a simple problem. It is common to have a problem in one area, that impacts three or four others. So, with a little knowledge, and our help, you should be able to solve most problems yourself.
Choose Your Danny’s Engineportal, Help Topic Below
(EGR) Valve – Is A Very Important, Emission Control Device
(PCV) System – Controls Crankcase Emissions And Much More
Automotive Filters – Enable Flow While Removing Many Impurities
Engine Timing – Camshaft And Ignition Timing Are Totally Different
Exhaust Smoke Can Be Bad – What Color It – When Do You See It
Idle Issues – Engine Won’t Run At, A Steady And Consistent (RPM)
Misfires – From Loss Of Spark, Compression Or Air/Fuel Mixture
Spark Plugs – Do More Than You Actually Think, With Many Jobs
Variable Valve Timing (VVT) – Valve Timing Changes, With (RPM)s
Basic Engine Topics – Top And Bottom End Individual Components
Automotive Engine Rebuild – Is It Worth It – Other Possible Options
Basic Engine Machining – Common Machine Shop Jobs Performed
Connecting Rods – The Link Between, The Piston And Crankshaft
Crankshafts – Convert Vertical Movement Of Pistons Into A Rotation
Cylinder Heads – Serve As A Housing, For All Top End Components
Diesel Engine – Is Sophisticated And Often, Difficult To Diagnose
Engine Bearings – Enable Moving Engine Parts, To Spin Freely
Engine Blocks – A Metal Structure, Housing Other Components
Car Engine Problems And Damage – The Most Expensive Repairs
Mechanical Problems – Require More Wrenching And Less Testing
Oil Pressure – Is Actually Created By, Resistance To Oil Flow
Piston Ring – Seals The Combustion Chamber, And Dissipate Heat
Belts And Hoses – Are Crucial, But Also Have A Short Life Span
Car Electrical System – Starting, Charging, And Ignition Circuits
Automotive Car Battery – Troubleshooting Car Battery Problems
Automotive Relays – Are Used To Control, Hi Amperage Circuits
Car Alternator – Powers The Electrical System – Charges Battery
Car Starter Motor – How To Know, If Your Starter Motor Is Failing
Sensors In Cars – Monitor And Control, Various Engine Parameters
Crankshaft Camshaft Sensors – Used With Distributorless Ignition
Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, Sends Info To The (ECU)
Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve – Manages Your Engine’s Idle Speed
Knock Sensors – Monitor The Frequency, When Detonation Occurs
Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor – Getting The Correct Amount Of Air
Oxygen Sensors (O2) – Report Your Air Fuel Ratio, To Your (ECM)
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) – Updates The (ECM) About Air Flow
Cooling System – Keeping The Engine, An Efficient Temperature
Diagnosing Leaks – Is Easy, If You Know The Location, Color, Smell
Coolant Leaks – Cause Overheating, The First Sign Of Trouble
Fuel Leaks – Are Found Most Often, Just By The Smell
Head Gasket Leaks – Are By Far, Any Motorist’s Worst Nightmare
Manifold Gasket Leaks – Intake And Exhaust, Are Both Bad
Oil Leaks – Effect Engine Life and Performance Of Your Vehicle
Vacuum Leaking – Allows Unmetered Air, To Enter The Engine
Crankcase Emission Control – “Blow-By” Gases In The Crankcase
Evaporative Emission Control – Collects and Stores, Fuel Vapors
Exhaust Emission Control – Lowers The Level Of, Harmful Exhaust
- diagnostics codes.
Engine Sealing – The most important task, gaskets and seals need to do.
diagnose, before you fix.
Fuel Systems – Store and deliver fuel to the engine for proper combustion.
- Electronic Fuel Injectors – Are used to, convert fuel, into a fine spray.
- Fuel Pressure Regulator – Changes pressure, based on engine needs.
- Pump Relays – Supply power to the fuel pump, for engine starting.
- Fuel Pumps – Do one thing, deliver fuel, from the fuel tank to the engine.
General Car Maintenance – Your car owners manual, is your bible.
Ignition Systems – Generate the spark, to ignite the Air/Fuel mixture.
- Ignition Coils – Take the low voltage from the battery and amplify it.
- Primary Ignition System – (Battery) The low voltage side of the circuit.
- Secondary Ignition System – (Spark) The high voltage side of the circuit.
Links – Have Been Added, With Additional Tech Resources
- Abbreviations And Acronyms – What They Actually Stand For
- PDF Files – Automotive Reference Tools, For Almost Everything
- Serpentine Belt Routing Guide – Common Belt Routing Diagrams
- SKF Torque Specifications – Front-Rear-Axle-Nut-Hub-Mount-Lug
- Torque Specifications – Proper Torque Specifications And Sequence
Lubricants And Oils – Essential fluids, That keep your engine alive.
Miscellaneous Topics – The overflow, miscellaneous car problems section.
Motorcycle ATV – Tech tips, to help you keep doing, what you love best.
Engine No Start Conditions – Possible causes and things to check first.
- Turns Over But Will Not Start – What should you be checking first.
- Will Not Turn Over or Start – What should you be checking first.
Overheating Engine – Today, engines run hot, but how hot, is too hot.
- Engine Cooling Fans – Need to be working properly, to cool your engine.
- Car Radiators – Transfer heat, from the engine coolant, to the air outside.
- Thermostats – Maintain optimum temperature, by controlling coolant flow.
- Water Pump – Pushes engine coolant, through the cooling system.
automotive engine repair.
Testing Procedures and Fixes – You can do many of them, all by yourself.
- Cooling Heating System – Fan – Sensors – Thermostat – Rad Cap – Coolant
- Electrical System Testing – Sensor – Relay – Ignition – Starter – Battery
- Engine Mechanical – Compression – Leak Down – Power Balance – Vacuum
- Fuel System Testing – Fuel Pump – Injector – Regulator – Relay – Sensor
- internally or externally.
Turbocharger – Supercharger – They both squeeze out, more power.
Thank You From Danny’s Engineportal For Your Support !