So, you are trying to start your car like usual and you find that your engine will not turn over.
Fortunately, this is usually one of the easiest problems to test and solve.
If the engine will not turn over, you are probably dealing with a starter or battery problem.
Because, the number one cause is usually the battery, jump starting your car is the fasted way to confirm whether or not the battery works.
Choose Your DannysEnginePortal.com Help Topic Below
Also, there could be a number of other possible reasons that your engine will not turn over:
- The ignition switch could be bad – it’s a common problem. An ignition switch is an electrical switch installed at the back of the ignition lock mechanism. If jiggling the key in the ignition helps start the car, the ignition switch should be checked first.
- The starter solenoid control wire could have a bad connection.
- The starter motor itself or a starter solenoid could be bad.
- A problem with a neutral safety switch. If a car doesn’t start with the transmission in park, but starts in neutral, it could be caused by a problem with a neutral safety switch or the shifter cable.
- A problem with vehicle’s security system or some other electronic control module (e.g., ECM, BCM) may also prevent the starter from operating.
Please Share DannysEnginePortal.com News