Choose Your Analyzing Poor Engine Performance Issues Help Topic Below
- (EGR) Valve – Is The Problem Your (EGR) Valve Or Is It Something Else
- (PCV) System – The Most Critical Part Is The Flow Control Valve
- (VVT) Variable Valve Timing – Improves Low And High Speed Torque
- Automotive Filters – Air Filter – Cabin Air Filter – Fuel Filter – Oil Filter
- Engine Timing – Why Is Engine Timing So Important
- Exhaust Smoke – Why Is My Car Smoking ? What Is Causing It ?
- Idle Issues – Things Like Slow Idle – Bad Idle – Lumpy Idle And Fast Idle
- Misfires – Are Caused By Loss Of Spark, Compression Or Air/Fuel Mixture
- Spark Plugs – Provide The Spark That Ignites The Air-Fuel Mixture
- Reduced Engine Power – Limp Mode – What Does It Mean – Causes
- Automotive Sensors – Why Are Sensors So Important Today
Analyzing Poor Engine Performance Issues; Is the first step to fixing the problem.
So, As the performance of your engine starts to diminish; the system might exhibit warning signs that are unique. Understanding these signs will assist you in; identifying when they occur and what to do when it happens. Finally, Remember that your engine is an extremely complicated system. And, as such, requires preventative maintenance.
Analyzing Poor Engine Performance, Warning Signs:
- Check Engine Light Activates
- Loss Of Engine Power
- Excessive Fuel Consumption
- Different Or Louder Noises
- Engine Stalling
- Odd Smells
- Engine Keeps Running After Ignition Is Off
- Rough Running, Misfiring Engine
Finally, The computer monitors functions of a number of engine compartment components. And, When a problem develops codes; which relate to the particular system; will be set and retained in computer memory. As a result, When this happens, The check engine light on the dash will illuminate.
So, a hard fault will cause the light to stay on continuously. Consequently, this is the easiest problem to find because, the problem is there; right now. But, If the light comes on and goes out; the fault is intermittent. Also, Meaning the problem was there momentarily; but has cleared up. Finally, Both of these conditions will set computer codes; that are retained by the computer.
So, There are certain things that must be done; prior to replacing parts or performing service. Finally, You have to know what the problem is before you can know how to fix it.
Thank You !