Doing general car maintenance is relatively easy. First of all, You need to read your owner’s manual. Hence, Your vehicles owners manual is your bible for everything you need to check. Also, General car maintenance is vital for keeping your car on the road and not in the repair shop. Consequently, This will help insure that all of the critical components of the vehicle are running smoothly and functioning optimally.
As a result, Always do an inspection of your vehicle on a regular basis:
- Inspect drive belts
- Check oil levels
- Check engine coolant level
- Record fuel economy
- Replace filters at recommended intervals
- Replace spark plugs
- (Fuel)-Stick to the recommended octane level
- Learn the meaning of all dash warning lights
- Check tire pressure
Choose Your Help Topic Below
- PCV Valve – Regular Maintenance – Why You Need It
- Reducing Fuel Consumption – Keep More Money In Your Pocket
- Oil Filter – A Dirty Oil Filter Will Obstruct The Flow Of Clean Oil
- Excessive Fuel Consumption – Common Causes And Cures
- Dash Warning Lights-What Do They Mean
- Stay Ahead Of Car Problems By Using Your Sense Of Sight, Hearing, Touch And Smell
- What Is That Fluid Leak Under My Car
- Poor Fuel Economy – Little Tricks That Will Help In Boosting Your Mileage
- Timing Belt Failure Symptoms – Check Your Owners Manual
- Engine Failure – There Are Warning Signs – What To Watch For !
- White Stuff Under My Oil Cap – What Is It ? Is It Bad ?
- Engine Oil Consumption – Where Does It Go And Why
- Fuel Getting Into Engine Oil – Causing Premature Wear Of Engine Parts
- Lubrication Problems – How Does That Cause Your Engine To Fail
- Fuel Wash – How To Eliminate This Potentially Serious Problem
- Engine Problems – What Are The Most Common Engine Problems
- Hard Starting Engine – Cold, Hot, Both Or Just After Refueling
- Engine Sludge – Top 2 Ways To Stop Or Slow Down Engine Sludge
So, These are just a few things that every vehicle needs, and almost all of them are things you can do yourself. As a result, We can’t stress enough the importance of checking your owner’s manual for anything we may have overlooked here, or anything specific to your vehicle. Also, If you don’t have your manual, you can most likely find one here ! Automotive Owners Manuals.