Choose Your Help Topic Below
- Smoking from my car-What does it mean
- Burning Oil-Blue Smoke
- Valve guide wear-What to fix and why?
- Engine Damage-How To Stay Ahead of Costly Repairs
- Valve Stem Seal – Function And Failure Symptoms
- Fuel Pressure Regulators – Function And Failure Symptoms
- Excessive Exhaust Smoke Could Mean You Have An Engine Problem
- Catalytic Converter – Knowing The Basics And Testing
You can learn a lot about the health of your car from the color of its exhaust-smoke.
If it’s operating in tip-top shape, tailpipe emissions should be nearly undetectable.
If smoking-exhaust is visible, you likely have a real problem, and one that will require a skilled auto technician to remedy.
While the presence of exhaust smoke can indicate a serious car malady, there is a silver lining: the color of that tailpipe plume can give an indication of what might be wrong, which helps to generate a quick and efficient diagnosis.