Choose Your Help Topic Below
- Engine misfires finding and fixing them
- How to find mechanical engine misfires
- Rocker arm dislodging with valve seat falling out
- Engine Misfire or Rough idle on GM 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L
- Valve guide wear-What to fix and why?
- What is misfiring and what are the causes of misfiring?
- Cylinder Power Balance Testing Made Easy
- Sticking Valves From Carbon Deposits – What Should You Do
- Automotive Engine Valves – What Are They And How Can They Fail
- Engine Stalling Issues – Suddenly, You Question Your Vehicle’s Reliability
What are the causes of misfires.
Basically, misfires are caused by one of three things:
- Loss of spark
- The air/fuel mixture is too far out of balance to ignite
- Loss of compression
So, Loss of spark includes anything that prevents coil voltage from jumping the spark plug.